New Zealand Mosque Shooting

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby mutism » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:26 pm

i reported a VICE video yesterday which used footage from his entrance to the first mosque. it had 500 likes after about three hours. i reported it for hate speech/terrorism and about four hours later Facebook came back to me and told me it was deleted for violating TOS. So they are at least doing something

mutism

Postby Kenny » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:38 am

I have seen this guy's name yet, thankfully. But i have read the Norway guys name several times
Last edited by Kenny on Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] (stay posi)

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby chargie » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:42 am

Bernie wrote:I think the manifesto should be public so people can recognize white supremacist hate and see how they support it. The video and the name he's correct on though.

agree with this
trouble wrote:e equals can't c color

chargie

Postby mcwop23 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:31 am

wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby mutism » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:12 pm

all military-style semi automatics, assault rifles, extended magazines to be banned

full buyback scheme announced

legislation be enacted by 11 April 2019

thank goodness

mutism

Postby super gas » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:29 pm

mutism wrote:i reported a VICE video yesterday which used footage from his entrance to the first mosque. it had 500 likes after about three hours. i reported it for hate speech/terrorism and about four hours later Facebook came back to me and told me it was deleted for violating TOS. So they are at least doing something

facebook, youtube and twitter all have technology to autodetect this video and ban it. them letting that video sit up for hours is not acceptable.

super gas

Postby marble » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:46 am

mutism wrote:all military-style semi automatics, assault rifles, extended magazines to be banned

thank goodness

Thanks Jacinda. Very cool.

marble

Postby Autarch » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:52 am

Bernie wrote:I think the manifesto should be public so people can recognize white supremacist hate and see how they support it. The video and the name he's correct on though.

is it not public? I read it. also, re: the ben shapiro tweet, the killer said in the manifesto that he did not do it for fame.

Autarch

Postby Bjornie » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:26 am

It is but Shapiro said to not make it public which is what my post was in direct response to

Bjornie
Mayonnaise Boy

Postby Shotfrog » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:31 am

mutism wrote:all military-style semi automatics, assault rifles, extended magazines to be banned

thank goodness

Imagine that.

Shotfrog

Postby mutism » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:34 pm

i don't know if any other kiwis went to friday prayers today but it was real nice and so sad

mutism

Postby marble » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:20 pm

We tuned into the call to prayer it at work. Very sad. Though quite awkward because the radio kept cutting out.

marble

Postby mutism » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:00 pm

Cat Stevens is playing right now at a memorial in Christchurch

https://www.radionz.co.nz/

he's playing Peace Train rn

mutism

Postby viachicago » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:12 pm

super gas wrote:
mutism wrote:i reported a VICE video yesterday which used footage from his entrance to the first mosque. it had 500 likes after about three hours. i reported it for hate speech/terrorism and about four hours later Facebook came back to me and told me it was deleted for violating TOS. So they are at least doing something

facebook, youtube and twitter all have technology to autodetect this video and ban it. them letting that video sit up for hours is not acceptable.

If it's a small snippet in a larger video (I.e. vice being idiots and throwing a few seconds into their report), its not going to pick up on that
viachicago

Postby Christmas Ape » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:39 pm

An elderly man was supported by police and a helper to show his support for the Muslim community and his opposition to racism.

He is 95-year-old John Sato from Auckland, and it took him four buses to join the march.

Mr Sato said he was a bit out of touch with the modern world.

Most of the time, he would have a walk around the neighbourhood, do some house chores, and listen to his favourite classical music and opera on the radio.

However, after hearing the news about the mass shooting in Christchurch, he couldn't sleep.

"I stayed awake quite a lot at the night. I didn't sleep too well ever since. I thought it was so sad. You can feel the suffering of other people," Mr Sato said.

Mr Sato was young when he was recruited into the New Zealand army during World War II to fight against Japan. He was one of only two Kiwi-Japanese in the army, he said.

He said the war claimed innocent lives and it was a waste of time. Life, he said, was too short to be wasted on meaningless things such as hatred.

The Christchurch incident was more than just a tragedy for us, Mr Sato said.

"We all go through our furnace in certain ways and some of the things that happen to us will make you more understanding, I hope."

The vigil at the Domain a couple of nights before had huffy young white families walking out because they thought they'd come for a sad, respectful picnic but the speakers were speaking a bit too stridently about islamophobia and institutional racism. Meanwhile John is out there navigating one of the worst public transport systems I've used at the age of 95 to stand against fascists

Christmas Ape

Postby super gas » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:45 pm

viachicago wrote:
super gas wrote:

If it's a small snippet in a larger video (I.e. vice being idiots and throwing a few seconds into their report), its not going to pick up on that

it might vary a bit platform to platform but youtube's content id system works on snippets inside videos as short as 2 seconds long.

super gas

Postby fraew » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:26 am

Hi folks - thanks for the concern for me in this thread.

It's been a rough couple weeks, but obviously my concern is for the Muslim community and what they've been through - every time i think about the situation Christchurch has been put in it makes me think of my own white privilege.

I think Jacinda Ardern and the people of Christchurch and NZ have been absolutely wonderful since the massacre. She has acted with care, grace and authority - banning semi-automatic weapons and pushing through massive gun reforms (which by the way was subject to some very public trolling by US NRA folks - even incorrectly spouting 2nd amendment bullshit which doesn't even apply here).

Christchurch and New Zealand have been rallying behind the Muslim communities across the country, embracing their culture and doing everything we can to make Muslims feel safe and a part of NZ. There have been protest marches, vigils and today a remembrance service - all of which carefully and thoughtfully combined Muslim traditions with our own native (Moari) traditions etc.

It's hard reading about the victims - though I didn't know any of the 50 directly, Atta Elayyan was only a step or so removed - as the NZ and Canterbury futsal goalkeeper, plus he did contract IT work for the company i work for several years ago.

fraew

Postby marble » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:56 pm

this cunt just pleaded guilty. obviously has decided he doesn't like jail!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/ ... -terrorism

also looks like absolute garbage in the video.

marble

Postby mutism » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:25 am

mutism

Postby mutism » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:26 am

killer got life without parole today

mutism

Postby Christmas Ape » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:16 am

mutism wrote:

loved this dude

this woman's kōrero hit unbelievably hard, i urge people who have felt nauseous about this and attacks around the world like it to listen through to the end. unbelievably composed and powerful under grief

Christmas Ape

Postby Kenny » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:54 am

It's trite because it's so obvious, but I don't get how someone can hate so much as to murder so many innocent people. I know it's possible, obviously and evidently.
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] (stay posi)

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby polybius » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:23 am

that's right
Image      Image Image Image Image

polybius

Postby polybius » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:25 am

it almost brings me to tears how this played out. obviously none of this will ever bring the victims back but i hope having the chance to just fucking tear into this guy for what he did gives some of the victims' families some peace of mind to know that he'll rot in prison. i feel for ahad nabi.
Image      Image Image Image Image

polybius

Postby Christmas Ape » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:33 am

ahad nabi and I both own the same 2018 nz warriors strip, goes without saying who wore it best

Christmas Ape

Postby Swelling Itching Brain » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:46 am

They've been reporting the victim statements in the daily news here and they're all so dignified, I don't really know the right words here, but basically it's like this murderer showed humanity at its lowest ebb, and these victim statements, as well as being heart rendingly sad, are such fine examples of Humanity triumphant.
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH

Swelling Itching Brain

Previous

Return to Aguachile Alley