fashion thread (for the gals)

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby galactagogue » Tue May 26, 2020 1:06 pm

got a nice second hand Etienne Algiers shirt from etsy that I'm pretty pumped about :) It's SO well constructed and made from flax linen and modal so even if it's a lil big on me it should be nice for summer.

Image Image

feels like i haven't bragged about a clothing purchase in forever. i miss it ;( definitely thinking of Theta's tips on buying outta season higher quality stuff online and enjoying it so much.
Da Bing Boy wrote:future of work is going to be hilarious, actually

galactagogue

Postby abs » Tue May 26, 2020 1:14 pm

That’s so cute, goggles!
☽ ☾ ● ◯ ● ☽ ☾

abs
Queen Witch

Postby galactagogue » Tue May 26, 2020 1:16 pm

heh, abs i thought you specifically might appreciate it :P

galactagogue

Postby abs » Tue May 26, 2020 2:19 pm

;) I have been known to like clothes like that
☽ ☾ ● ◯ ● ☽ ☾

abs
Queen Witch

Postby mancubz » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:08 pm

i wanna redo my whole look to be "shit i can bike in"
in college i wore the same pair of shorts that i found on this table of free shit like 5 days a week, but nowadays i feel like i'll be an adult and do "athleisure"
Stuntman wrote:This is what happens when you're an adolescent and you don't have a forest or the internet.

mancubz
BAD BITCH ALERT

Postby mancubz » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:08 pm

i really wanna buy myself dumb stretchy bday gifts but idfk i just moved and shit
Stuntman wrote:This is what happens when you're an adolescent and you don't have a forest or the internet.

mancubz
BAD BITCH ALERT

Postby abs » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:53 pm

I treated myself to a set of these right after giving birth so I’d have something comfy to hang around in and they are SO GOOD

so this is me, endorsing the crap out of shoparq and I just ordered another set

☽ ☾ ● ◯ ● ☽ ☾

abs
Queen Witch

Postby galactagogue » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:54 pm

since i'm so tired of all my second hand or lesser quality clothes falling apart, i decided i wanted to finally invest in some good pants that hopefully will last me many years. i held onto most pants for many years regardless but they lose their form and resilience so quickly that they quickly become around the house of junk pants.

got these waxed canvas ones and i almost hate myself for it lol but they fit so good and i think they'll last foreverrrrr. the only issue is i guess they're technically mid-rise so the zipper is short and squeezing my ass into the waist is uhh challenging lol but once i'm in, i'm in!

ImageImage

galactagogue

Postby port » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:42 pm

Fashion,

port

Postby mancubz » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:35 pm

My thanksgiving look thanks ordering now

mancubz
BAD BITCH ALERT

Postby port » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:32 pm

Oh cool so glad to help!!!!!

In sadder news I’ve seen at least two vintage stores close in my neighborhood. Have any of y’all been going into stores? I haven’t at all for combined COVID fears and not having an income.

port

Postby Catullus » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:06 pm

I think red is my power color

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby galactagogue » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:08 pm

uh ya i agree! also you're making me wish i had sparkly eye shadow (or even really understood how to wear eye shadow.)

galactagogue

Postby Catullus » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:09 pm

This one is from urban decay. But I have more than one sparkly eye shadow palette and yes I’m almost 40

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby mancubz » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:56 pm

Hell yeah
I wear so much glitter on my face and in my hair all summer long (not eyeshadow though, idk I truly look awful with literally any and all eyeshadows)

mancubz
BAD BITCH ALERT

Postby rask » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:04 pm

katie jane hughes' insta account really upped my shadow and liner game. I have hooded eyes, and it all looked mad stupid on me until she taught me a better way to use it for my eye shape as well as best practices for applying it. I love her and her approach to makeup. found delina medhin, ash walker, and ehlie luna through her account, and they're great too

rask

Postby Catullus » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:05 pm

Jitterbug I LOVE that aesthetic so much. I don’t think I could pull it off but it’s sick as hell.

And drop all the beauty instas haha that’s how I learned and I just play around mostly

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby rask » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:09 pm

pls share your faves! my insta feed is now pretty much just makeup, animal crossing, and nat'l lands.

rask

Postby Catullus » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:31 pm

Oh I love @rawbeautykristi I’ll think of more haha

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby port » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:28 pm

rask wrote:katie jane hughes' insta account really upped my shadow and liner game. I have hooded eyes, and it all looked mad stupid on me until she taught me a better way to use it for my eye shape as well as best practices for applying it. I love her and her approach to makeup. found delina medhin, ash walker, and ehlie luna through her account, and they're great too

Fellow hooded eye haver, can’t wait to check this out!

And Cat, red is for sure your power color. I love wearing it too because my mom used to say that redheads can’t wear red and fuck that shit.

port

Postby rask » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:47 pm

I hope it works for you!! I’m still getting the hang of the techniques.

Another of my problems is that I have such a heavy hand and did not realize it. Way too much pressure. Like no wonder my blending always totally sucked. I suspect this also might contribute to why I’m a terrible painter.

rask

Postby rask » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:00 pm

Catullus wrote:Oh I love @rawbeautykristi I’ll think of more haha

saved a twiggy inspired look and a shimmery red, metallic pink eye shadow look I wanna try!

rask

Postby chowder julius » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:44 pm

i really love this weird polish fashion history woman. obsessed. she's so beautiful and so funny

im deep into "women sewing period costumes" youtube these days. just watched someone sew and then tie dye an 18th century dress

chowder julius
sweet girl fucking with an evil sorcerer

Postby rask » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:48 pm

!! Accounts like that started popping up in my explore feed reels this week on insta, and I am really into it

rask

Postby chowder julius » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:50 pm

i love bernadette banner videos but she is so obnoxious lol. her videos are so balm tho, and she's incredibly talented and i learn a lot from her. she hand sews most of what she does, or uses sewing techniques from the eras of the clothing she makes

chowder julius

Postby chowder julius » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:08 pm

i just learned so much about hats

chowder julius

Postby mancubz » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:31 pm

i got an outdoor voices sweatsuit since i am always at home and need to be comfy and it's v v v nice
i also got alo sweatpants and a cool sweatshirt from them. gonna be so fuckin casual-cool leaving the hospital.

mancubz
BAD BITCH ALERT

Postby mancubz » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:32 pm

before my back got super fucked i ordered all these lovely silk skirts from the real real and lol

mancubz
BAD BITCH ALERT

Postby galactagogue » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:59 pm

wow the fashion thread is so quiet, wth !!

so, should i treat myself to a coat? it's getting cold here and i will soon be miserable... i always worry about buying coats on etsy bc i have a small frame :/ but i'm kinda want this one... they accepts returns but it's international shipping.

galactagogue

Postby Althea » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:24 pm

The lining does look really cozy.

I need to get a warm women's coat real soon, it's freezing here and I really don't want to keep wearing my old dude coat even if the only difference is the side the buttons are on. Every time I look at clothes I just come back with a new sweater though.

Althea

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley